NoMad (North of MADison Square Park) is one of the coolest neighbourhoods in New York and a great area to stay in. You will find several good looking hotels to choose from. NoMad is centered north of Madison Square Park, from 25th Street to 30th Street between the Avenue of the Americas and Lexington Avenue.
”Location, location, location”. It is close to everything and it is very easy to get anywhere else by using any of the several subway stations or by walking.
The best way to explore NoMad is on foot, and you’ll discover there’s a lot to see and do!
From art installations at Madison Square Park to visiting the awesome rooftop bar 230 5th, you will discover some of the best things to do in New York City within walking distance.
Where to stay
1. Martha Washington Hotel – Exclusively for Everyone
2. Ace Hotel New York – Hip accommodation with an art gallery
3. The Evelyn – Gracious hospitality, a rich sense of history and exceptional service
4. The Mave – A boutique hotel with a passion for service, comfort and convenience
5. The Giraffe – Boutique lodging with a rooftop garden
6. Carlton – ArtDeco hotel with seamless integration of old-world charm and modern flare.
7. The Nomad – Parisian inspired luxurious hotel
8. The Roger – Boutique hotel that dares to be different
20. The Paul – Friendly and nice boutique hotel
21. Comfort Inn Chelsea – good budget hotel
Where to eat & drink
9. Shake Shack – famous for its delicious burgers, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
10. Eataly – Italian food heaven where you can both buy delicious food and it it. Beer garden on the roof
11. MARTA – Pizza Roman-style thin crust pizza from Danny Meyer with a very well-priced and exploratory wine list. We recommend ordering their bottle-sized Negoni Cocktail. Good for walk-ins who don’t mind a drink at the bar. Inside the Martha Washington Hotel.
12. Mad for Chicken – Korean Incredibly crispy, spicy, and addictive fried chicken with a youthful, pub-like vibe. Beers are available to order in ridiculously large sizes. Open late. Good for walk-ins.
13. Eleven Madison Park – The NoMad Hotel’s three-michelin-star sibling restaurant across the park, the bar is always an option and a great way to sample Eleven Madison Park’s celebrated cocktails and cuisine. Executive Chef Daniel Humm presents a menu of classic and sophisticated dishes for lunch and dinner daily. Reservations are a must.
14. Spin – A unique daytime or nighttime entertainment venue centered around ping-pong. Rent a table to play against friends, or sip a cocktail and enjoy a selection from their bar menu while catching a professional match.
15. 230 5th – the biggest rooftop bar in New York with magnificent views over the Empire.
What to do
16. Madison Square Park – a bright, beautiful park full with squirrels, art installations, benches, Shake Shack and a dog run.
17. Empire State Building – Walk five blocks north and 102 floors up, and you’ll be at the top of the Empire State Building.
18. Museum of Sex – With a mission to preserve and present the history, evolution, and cultural significance of human sexuality, The Museum features rotating exhibitions. They also have a bar, a store, and a café.
19. Museum of Maths – A block away from the Museum of Sex, you’ll find the Museum of Mathematics. The hands-on museum aims to illuminate the patterns that shape the world around us.